CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2007

What is it with HUNTING?

The hunting season started in September, I think. If you asked my hubby, he could tell you to the second of the day it opened. It is the absolute love of his life! Am I jealous? I was. I now realize it is his form of seeking a space to relax, renew, and connect. I am not jealous. How could I be ... look at the photograph; There is no competition; There is peace, tranquility in that photograph. So, will someone explain to me how anyone can actually take the life of such wonderful specimens of nature? I find the relaxation of being in the outdoors and watching these animals to be completely true; however, I still struggle with the next step of watching and waiting for "the KILL". Our freezer is full. We have given meat away. We have taken the deer to others to have it processed for their freezers. Killing for food no longer applies. Has it now become for the JOY of the KILL? This bothers me. Does it bother you? Or are you able to justify the "sport"? Let me know what you think. I find it is pulling me in two different directions at the present time. Help me to figure out ... What is it with HUNTING?

No comments: